Sunday, 30 August 2015

Making print plates 2

My second and third plates were made without the press, using the same principle. I used foam meat tray instead of foam core, as it's softer, and impressed a leaf into it with the marble rolling pin. It's not a deep impression, as the leaves were fragile and softer than most of the materials I used on the foam core plate.


 
I printed it with my baren and black Permaset printing inks. Of the four prints, two were pretty ordinary - you may see them later as I do different things with them. But there were two that I liked. The left one was inked and then wiped back heavily; the right one was just a straight print.



I really like these and they're going into my Fibrecircle Trees book.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Interesting leafy impressions!

Nola said...

Useful for my Tree book ,anyway!