Tuesday, 4 March 2008

Finished!


Actually I finished the journal cover last Friday, just haven't had a minute to put up a photo. I'm really happy with it.

The front under the flap looks like this:
The butterfly hides the bead and elastic fastening. I think, next time I get out fabric paints, I might paint strokes of colour around the bead to make it into a flower. I did try adding straight stitches but they get in the way of the elastic, so I took them out again.

I've started adding pages to do with Fibrecircle, the new textile explorations group I belong to. I may share some pages later, as we go along.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Just beautiful Nola. Glad to see you creating again

pjpatch said...

Nola I love it. The colours and the 3d effect look fantastic.
Pat

Dianne said...

Hey Nola
This turned out absolutely gorgeous.
It was worth all the work it's beautiful...

Laurence said...

Very beautiful. Colours are very nice.

Dianne said...

Nola, this is just sooo beautiful!!!