This month, I decided it was time to work on some of the unfinished things I have lying about here. OK, this has happened before, I know, but any progress is better than no progress. My stimulus this time was a post on SCQuilters from Prue. Her group was having a UFO challenge. Each person listed their UFOs of any kind - anything begun before this year. Then two numbers were drawn - one between one and twelve, the other between one and a hundred. You have three options with the UFOs chosen for that month; you can bin it, you can give it to someone else or a community quilt group or continue to work on it.
That seemed like a fun idea to me. I have had a list of all my various unfinished projects for a long time, so I chose all the ones that could be worked on, acquired a random number generator for my device and I was ready!
The first two numbers that came up were both quilt tops needing quilting. I am slowly hand quilting a quilt at present so I don't want to start a new one. I chose two more numbers and, unbelievably, both were also tops needing quilting. (I think I might have a few tops needing quilting, don't you think?) So much for that idea.
But as I was looking for things in my workroom, I found a UFO from Fibrecircle back here. It was a round robin book project, which had stalled because I couldn't work out what to do as my own page. (I much prefer projects that require you to make your own part first!) Once I looked at it after the passage of years, I could see that the book actually needed more pages and, in some weird way, that took the pressure off me to produce something incredible as My Page. Now I know it needs multiple pages, I could see an idea for stitching my first page.
It's based on a Byzantine church in Ravenna and shows Christ flanked by angels. I've chosen to make my image look like a leaf of a manuscript (this part yet to be stitched) and I may add some Greek text - not sure yet. More to follow... at least until I get tired of it!