Monday, 8 June 2015

Sailing to Byzantium

I finished my page for this project week or so ago. See how quick and easy it is, once you get the idea? I've added the Greek text - the beginning of John's gospel, "In the beginning was the Word..." as a second sheet behind the first, so it's partly obscured. I'm hoping they look like a couple of old sheets of parchment.


I also have a structure for my book now. I had used the last two verses of the Yeats poem of the same name as inspiration for the participants. So I decided I'd use the same verse as the structure. The actual poem is probably now just out of copyright, as Yeats died in 1939, but I don't want to use the poem itself. I may use a few words, as focus.

I'm not sure how much further I'll progress with this now, because I have other more important things to get on with!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Perfect.....it looks like an old fresco!

Nola said...

Thanks, Jennie! I'm happy with it. It will probably go back into the cupboard now for a few years until it pops up again. I have too many other things on the go right now. I just needed something to work on in the meantime.