Thursday, 3 September 2015

A few postcards

It just occurred to me that I haven't written here for, literally, years about the fabric postcards I've been making! I am so used to making them that I just don't think to talk about them here. Of course, they appear on the Fibrecircle blog each time. Mostly, anyway!


This rather weird one included some stamped cloth that I made years ago as a sample for another piece of work, inspired by the standing stones at Filitosa in Corsica. I combined it with frayed  cotton fabric on a painted background.






 
This one was based on a painted background with added colour and stitch.
 
 
This one was made with one of the prints from a playday with Claire early this year. We used compressed sponge to create simple shapes to print from. I added colour to one of my prints with Inktense pencils and embellished it with stitch. It's still a pretty weird looking tree..
 
 
I like to use the postcards to try out stuff and make something different from whatever I'm working on at the time.  So they generally end up different each time.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Will we see any art based on the trip to South Africa?

Nola said...

I have made one African postcard but it's not that visually interesting so I didn't share it here. There's another project in the works - yet to be blogged about... so much to do, so little time!