Wednesday, 30 January 2008

And also...

Here is one of the secret projects from last year. My quilt group decided we would make 6in blocks for each other last year, one for each person, every month from February to November. That wasn't too onerous as there are only four of us in the group! I forgot to take photos of the blocks I made (how silly!)but here are the ones made for me:
Aren't they lovely? I asked for my blocks to be in reproduction fabrics because I like those quilts but never end up making myself one. I laid them out on point on my design wall because I think I may use that layout, but with strip sashing, or a streak of lightning sashing. I haven't decided yet.

2 comments:

Tonniece said...

Hi my friend

I am back (not quite with a vengence yet) and loving looking at all the wonderful eye candy I've missed in my absence.
Loving you scatterday post, you are kicking butt with them. LOL

These are great looking blocks. Lucky you. And lucky them too (I know that withpot seeing you blocks).

Have a great, I do believe, SUMMER day is it? Lucky you.
We are haveing the worse weather here, so unpredictable.

Hugs
Tonniece

mereth said...

I love your little blocks, and especially the reproduction fabrics in them. Keryn has just put together a heap of odd blocks and posted to her blog about it; I think it looks a bit like your collection here.