Saturday, 5 January 2008

Scatterdays

This week I bring you V, from the car, the office and the kitchen.


As I know no-one who owns a Volvo, I valiantly considered photographing a valve from a vehicle, but this vesicated the vestiges of my feeble wits. Instead I bring you various vents and a visor, all thoughtfully made from vinyl and much more available.

As my office is virtual these days, I could only find these volumes on Visual Basic in my office, and a verso from one of them. (This is one of those occasions when a classical education comes in handy! A verso is the back of a manuscript sheet or, in the case of bound books, the left hand page.)

My kitchen is full of various victuals, vivers and viands beginning with a V. Here are some red wine vinegar, some vanilla and those essentials to vivify Australian life, iced VoVo biscuits! I didn't photograph the many vegetables, including the bucket of potatoes and inevitable volume of beans I just harvested from my vegetable garden. All we need is the vodka (ah I forgot, we have the potatoes for that!)and starvation is narrowly averted, yet again.

10 comments:

dawn-in-nz said...

My word all those V words Nola, your last lonely brain cell seems to be in fine form still. You certainly have nice clean cars, ours definately is due for a spring clean I noticed when I was taking photos of visors and suchlike!

Kate said...

See Nola? I don't stand a chance! LOL

Liz Needle said...

Too clever for me, Nola. You leave me totally vanquished.

Michelle Watters said...

Viva la V. Good hunting Sherwood.

Dy said...

I always arrive at your blog already giggling at expectation of the various verbs you use. I am a votary of your venerable vocabulary!

Riverina Leadlight & Fine Art said...

Vot a vonderful victoriously vivid variation ov vitems!!!
A big V salute! Have you ventured into the world of X yet??? Will look foward to reading that one!
G

Lindi said...

What can I say?!
You are the veritable victor! I am visibly vanquished at the game. Verily, I need a vade-mecum to vindicate myself!

Nola said...

Thanks, everyone - but there is a veritable volume of valuable V words just vying for visibility. The fancy words just make it less likely you will notice my lousy photography!

Lindi, thank you, vade-mecum was a new word to me and new words are precious and marvellous things!

Lindi said...

Ah, Nola, you have given away our secret!

Pennie & David said...

LOL Reading the comments is just as much fun as reading your Scatterday each week. Love it!