Sunday, 29 July 2007

Quiet weekend


I haven't achieved very much in the workroom this weekend. Next Tuesday is David's birthday so we went out for lunch with his mum on Saturday to celebrate, and then on to Fagan Park, a big public park at Galston. I took lots of photos of interesting textures and shapes for future reference.

I have made a little progress on the scarf, which I'm told by Erica I should be calling a wrap or a shawl. It's 28in wide so I guess it's more than a scarf. Slowly, slowly....

I've also been painting. I wanted to try stitching, then painting, as I usually do things the other way around. I am playing around with images of Marguerite daisies for a swap. I tried a double and a single, free-motion stitched and then painted. This what they look like:
The single one and...
...the double one

They are rather uneven because I drew the shape with the machine needle. As an experiment, they were fairly successful and I learnt a lot, though the ones for the swap will look a little different. I also painted the background fabric for the swap pages, and a few other pieces that might or might not get used for the same swap.

3 comments:

MargaretR said...

You are such a busy lady Nola! I know you have doing your best to encourage us all to create somethong from a computer dsign, but it seems we are all too busy just now. But please don't give up on us will you, you never know when a few of us will participate. i hit a very busy patch. Now I have a lot of catching up to do with swaps etc.

Carol said...

I love all those textures. I love your daisies they are gorgeous.

Tonniece said...

Hi Nola

Your scarf/ shawl is comeing along nicely.
I do like the daises too.