Saturday, 10 November 2007

Scatterday O

Oh, what a week it's been! My scatterdays have been scattered this week but despite being out all week, I managed to drag together this oddment.

I bring you an ordinary and rather obvious breakfast in the form of oatmeal. I'm sure I won't be the only oatmeal eater!

For little things, I'm delighted to have the opportunity to open up my collection of owls. Here's one that reminds me of ormulu, but probably isn't. I also have an orchestra of owls and an overview of owlish ostentation.

The world is shiny in many ways (I could have brought you a shiny owl too). Here we have some of my shiniest orange organza. And a man dear to my heart contributed his very shiny occiput.

"Shiny", in the words of my daughter means "wonderful,marvellous". So I bring you Kas and Jon, together at last.

Highly shiny!

10 comments:

Pennie & David said...

Oh Nola! I love all those long 'O' words you use! Lovely to see DD looking so shiny as well.

Michelle Watters said...

Very clever Nola. So many owls! More info on the occiput required. And tell Kas I want that Tshirt!

Dy said...

Ha ha, occiput - great idea! Loving those owls and I agree with Michelle - great t-shirt!

Liz Needle said...

Great thinking. That is one very shiny occiput!!

Di said...

Love the occiput, Nola! I have one here in my house too, around the same vintage, but didn't even think of it. Silly me.

Nola said...

For those who must have one, Kas's shirt came from Think Geek http://www.thinkgeek.com All kinds of fun stuff...

Dianne said...

Hey Nola I think these pics you taking are great, I love the idea..
What a beautiful daughter, looks like her Mom...

Tonniece said...

Wonderful collection again Nola. Occiput, How wonderfully funny you are.
What a great way to see/view the world around you. Love these posts.

Great pic of you daughter. I love that shirt she has on, I will for sure be checking out the site.

rooruu said...

Occiput's great. And Karen's individual vocabulary.

(This game takes way too much time. Must be why I played again this week....)

Riverina Leadlight & Fine Art said...

Haven't had time to visit your blog for quite a while- have been too busy chasing up on other things! A great photo of Karen and John! ( Couldn't recall his name when I wrote the Christmas card so apologies from behind the sandstone curtain! Also love the t-shirt ( and white on black as well!!). Kas certainly looks contented. I think she so looks like her maternal grandmother when she was a young woman! Hasn't Jeremy grown! He looks such a happy little chappy and has obviously said something to amuse grandpa!What a lovely photo of them both,Nola!