Saturday, 24 November 2007

Scatterday T

This week has been touched by the letter T, and the categories clothing, purple and hot things.
This week is in honour of Tribes, those long relationships with a group or family. For clothing, we have the assistance of the delightful Tahlia, granddaughter of my friend Fran, modelling her school uniform of T-shirt and Tartan skirt. She also offered to model her Togs, as she was off to a swimming lesson.

To demonstrate purpleness (and clothing), I was going to model the purple Top I made last year with my newly-finished Trousers. But I'm Too idle to Transfer into Them for the photograph, so instead, There's the quintessential purple Tree of Sydney, the jacaranda. They Triumph with purple Tracery all around my local area at This Time of The year and, along with the start of the cricket season and the deafening Trills of cicadas, are a clear sign that summer has Truly arrived.

Finally, Tahlia's grandma, Fran, provided a delightful afternoon Tea for her friends, from *her* grandmother's very hot Teapot. Talk about continuity!

7 comments:

rooruu said...

Ah, snap on the jacaranda Tree (but you worked lots and lots more T's in!!)

Dy said...

Nola, your blog post is a tremendously terrific tale on the theme of T. :-)
Gorgeous teapot

Di said...

And another snap on the jacaranda tree, Nola! Great minds?!?!? Love ya work.

Michelle Watters said...

Talk about all your T's! You do alliterate well. Good photos Nola. Sooo looking forward to see your weapon next week.

Dianne said...

Great t photo's, I love that tree I thought it was a lilac tree, but never seen one that big.. I love Teapots myself...

Kate said...

Love your choices, and your entertaining read. I have a jacaranda tree in my front garden. Never gave it a thought.

Tonniece said...

Another great Scatterday post Nola.

I too thought that was a lilac tree, they look so similar, but as Dianne stated, this is much bigger.

Ta Ta for now.