Wednesday, 9 May 2007

Flowerpot


While I was painting yesterday, I managed to put a little more detail on this paint rag. The Love-in-a-Mist flowers are suitably spiky now and I added shadows to some of the flowers and the pot. It's really starting to look like I imagined! I think I might need to give this piece a bit more sustained attention, instead of just adding a bit when I have the appropriate colours mixed.

5 comments:

Tonniece said...

Hi Nola

This is so pretty. You're going to add more? I think it's great now.

Nola said...

Oh yes - more definition on the pot, more flowers to make it a more balanced composition, more detail on the step that I imagine it sitting on, a bit more background, and of course some stitching coz that's really what I do!

Sue said...

nola - I really love it as it is ..... it's beautiful .... it's got my heart racing....

the pot looks lovely just like it is with one side "missing" although it isn't necessarily missing....

wow.... lovely!

(i'm shaking my head because I don't think you'll realise how much I honestly like it.....)

Nola said...

I'm stoked you feel that way about it! But to my eyes, it's unbalanced as a composition, and I want to fix it! It's mostly because it hasn't been constructed in a deliberate way from the beginning, but is a development of a splash of colours on the original "paint rag". (I suppose I should call them something more pompous, "random paintings" or something!)And it's always been intended as a basis for stitch, because that's what I do, so I am mentally factoring in the stitching I'm likely to do, whether just by machine or whether those Love in a Mist will need hand stitching/embellishment. I hope I can do all this without losing the energy of the piece.

Henrijette said...

Hi Nola,
I absolutely love it as it is too. It's SO artstic. Can't wait to see the finished product. I had no idea you were involved with painting etc. Love your blog.