Tuesday, 8 May 2007

Winnie the Pooh

There is one reason why I might be heard humming the hums of Pooh*, and that reason is that I am busy. If I'm busy in a run-off-my-feet kind of way, I might be overheard humming, "the more it SNOWS, tiddley-pom, the more it GOES, tiddley pom, the more it GOES, tiddley pom, on snowing...". But when you hear me murmuring, "I could spend a happy morning being Pooh. For it doesn't seem to matter, if I don't get any fatter (and I don't get any fatter) what I do," it's a sign of much contented activity.

Which is a roundabout way of saying I have had a very happy day by myself, getting on with many different things.

Today I finally got to paint another layer on Valley Mist. Actually, it was two layers of darks. One more masking and I can paint the final darkest shades, and then wash out the masking medium to see what I have. I hope it's worth all the work! I know I'll have to add some little details at the end, before I can stitch it.

Valley Mist 18 1/2in x 13 1/2in

*If you have no idea what I am talking about, you have clearly had a deprived childhood and it's way past time to rediscover your inner child by reading A.A. Milne's Winnie the Pooh, The House at Pooh Corner, When We Were Very Young and Now We are Six.

1 comment:

Tonniece said...

Like the browns and the rolling effect it has. Can't wait ti see it finished.