Monday, 18 June 2007

Some other things I do

I know it's unusual for me not to have blogged after the weekend. Usually I've had some time to play in the workroom, and have something to share here. But while I was happily busy as usual, it was mostly on things that aren't ready to be shown here. I made some progress on a jacket I'm making but a half-finished jacket is not very exciting! I'll show it here when I finish it. I also made some progress on a challenge quilt, but it's to be kept secret until the Great Unveiling in July, so I can't show you that either!

Some things I can show you:
This delicious knitting wool arrived on Monday. I've already started knitting up the dark turquoise into a jumper (sweater) for myself!

Last year, the week before Mother's Day, the shopping centre I take my MIL to each week gave me a free scarf. It's almost a wrap, as it's quite long and 28in wide and it's blue, which is nice. But it's very plain, so I've always intended to add some embellishment. It really needs a wide band of embellishment, since the scarf is on such a large scale. The fabric is quite loosely woven, so it will need to be machine stitched with lots of stabilising. This week, now the weather has turned cool, it came to the top of the pile. This is my pencil sketch of what I plan to do.

The design will form a band 8in wide across each end of the scarf. I envisage stitching the background and leaving some parts, such as the petals of the central motif, in the fabric colour. The planned colour scheme is maroon, pink and green on the blue, with maybe a touch of silver, but this may change! I'll show you how it looks once I've stitched it!

4 comments:

Dianne said...

Love the colours of the wool. The diagram is lovely - can't wait to see the shawl you make, sounds gorgeous!!

Carol said...

I love the design for the scarf and can't wait to see it finished.

Dianne said...

This scarf sound fabulous can't wait to see the progress, I love the design...

Tonniece said...

Great design.Looks a bit complicated to me, can't wait to see it.