Saturday, 20 October 2007

Scatterdays Letter P: red, sweet, metal


There's an overwhelming red tinge to my photos this week. So many P things on my travels were red..

First, I'm very partial to piquant red peppers, don't they look appetising? We always buy Pontiac potatoes, too. And lest anyone postulate improper premises from the preponderance of provender among my photos, here's a picture of a perennial plant called a pink, (which, confusingly, is red) in a pot which, with its pink and purple pals, will be planted in my personal plot presently. And who could survive without the postbox, which is both red and metal? Certainly not the person who pushed past as I photographed it, to post her very pressing piece of postage. Another metal, but not red, is David's Prius, of which he is very proud.

Oh, there's those peppers again, because of course they are sweet peppers, but in case someone perpends whether I'm paltering, there's also some plum jam which, curiously, is also red, and another plant from my garden called a polygala. OK, I know its flowers are purple, but its common name is Sweet Pea Bush.

Whew, this is becoming hard work!

7 comments:

Dy said...

Yay Nola, you made it! I'm particularly impressed with your pointed propensity to P word perfection. ;-)
We used to have a Polygala in our back yard - lovely shrub it was too, until it suddenly turned its toes up after about 12 years.

Lindsay said...

Good job, I love the red theme flowing through all your photos!

Pennie & David said...

LOLOLOLOL You're Priceless!!! and I'm so glad you joined Scatterday Nola!! LOLOLOLOL I don't think I could read that again I might explode LOLOLing !!

Pennie & David said...

Can't wait to see what you come up with the letter 'J' Pennie still LOLOLOLING

Michelle Watters said...

Good gracious me. You have used up your quota of P words. Love the photos. You seem to have all the categories covered in an overlapping manner. Very clever.

Tonniece said...

Thanks for the morning chuckle today Nola.LOL
That sure is a lot of (p's) lol
I was getting all tonguetide, and had to (stupidly) reread it.

Great pics though.

Liz Needle said...

A perplexing, but passionate perfection for 'Ps'.