Saturday, 21 April 2007

Busy afternoon

Progress has been made on several fronts today, so I'm a happy camper!

I printed out the images for Like Honey from the Rock onto fabric and I printed out images for Forest onto fabric. For once, everything went smoothly, the printer didn't balk at printing on the thicker fabric-freezer paper combination and the prints are just as I expected. I also finished a drawing of Miner's Cottages in Broken Hill. It's not a good scan but I'll share it anyway. It deliberately has no background, as I plan to use it for a textile piece in the future.



I've had a little rethink of Where I Live, so I think I'll take another path with that one. Similar but different!

3 comments:

Tonniece said...

OH my god! This is soo great. I love it Nola.

Dianne said...

What a beautiful drawing, I was talking to Tonniece while looking at it and I said you probably used a ruler and she said no you did it free hand.
Could you let us know and did you use a graphite pencil..
We love it....

Nola said...

It took a minute to realise what you were talking about, as the drawing was sort of an afterthought because I didn't have any textile photos to share. I'm so glad you liked it! Tonniece is right, no ruler, and just a 2B graphite pencil. I made the inner fence shadow too dark (funny how these things are so obvious when you scan an image!) so it distracts from the deep shadows on the verandahs.