Friday, 20 April 2007

Forest

This piece is another monthly challenge, this time from Design Bytes Down Under, a netgroup for textile artists who use their computers in their artwork. This is their first challenge, so I really want to finish something by the April 30 deadline, even if no-one else does.

I chose a photograph we took near the old coach road at Mt York back in the eighties.
I like it because it has a sense of the Australian forest, plus the interest of a pathway, in this case what remains of the old coach road. I've scanned it into the computer and played around with it in Corel PhotoPaint. I ended up with some really interesting images as a basis for stitch. Now to choose one and print it out!

2 comments:

Tonniece said...

Great pic. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Anonymous said...

cathy from ozme/chat - just got here, looking forward to more posts etc etc etc