Monday, 16 April 2007

It's a beginning

So many people have asked me why I don't have a blog. I always replied that I spent enough time on the computer, managing and participating in netgroups and working with images, that I really didn't need something else to take away precious time with textiles.

But today some friends said, "You must show us a photo of this art piece when you finish making it," and my first thought was, "Oh no, another place where I need to remember to share a finished piece!" Suddenly, a blog seems like a sensible use of my time.

I work incredibly slowly, compared to other textile artists and quilters I know. Yet I am interested in process, in sharing a dialogue with other artists and quilters about the why and how of what we do. I can't imagine this blog being an amazing source of inspiration, since my work is so piecemeal, but at least I can demonstrate that process as it happens, and share the results with anyone who wants to see them.

6 comments:

Erica said...

Welcome to blogland!

Dianne said...

YAHOOOOOOOOOOO
Welcome to the blog world, Im so excited, Nola even if you work so, I have learned more frome you than anyone.. Just by you conversation..

MargaretR said...

Welcome to the 'World of Bloggers' Nola. I have just 'subbed' you to my Bloglines.

larin said...

Welcome to the blogosphere Nola! --LaRinda

Tonniece said...

Hi Nola
Happy to see you finally took the plung. Congrats!!!!!

I second Dianne in saying you are one of the most informative and Helpful people I've met, albiet on line, and I look forward to one click enjoyment into you world.

Nola said...

Wow, thanks everyone! It's such a thrill to see people coming and looking and saying such nice things. Totally blown away...